oxford

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dozuki

has anyone turned the oxford pen from Woodcraft. I just finished my second one and it looks ok but the mechanism on both pens is more trouple than it is worth. The bussiness end won't come out like it is supposed to and the refill keeps getting stuck in the mechanism. has anone else had problems with this kit.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I have one in my pocket that I made about two years ago. No problems with it at all. When I made it there was a slight trimming of the end of the lower half, where it fits inside the center band, that was needed. It was rubbing because of my off center turning of the two parts. I just scraped a little wood with an Exacto knife, touched up the finish where I scraped and the pen has been all righty ever since. Haven't even needed to change the ink cartridge in it. Some wear on the plating, but not noticeable if you don't look for it. If I recall it was a titanium gold kit.

its_virgil

Are you sure it is getting stuck in the mechanism? Sometime a little burr of plating in the nib hole will cause the pen to not work correctly...writing point will not extend and retract properly or will even get stuck out and not return. Try to deburr the nib hole with a drill bit (of proper size) and see if your problem isn't fixed. Problems I've had like you describe have usually not been a problem with the mechanism itself, but with other problems such as the burr or glue in the upper tube, collapsed tube where the CB was pressed on, or incorrect length of the upper blank. The spring on the end of the refill (if it is a parker type) can be on backwards and cause retraction problems. The spring has a large and small end. Good luck with finding the problem.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

PS: Please take just a moment to sign your posts. It is nice to have a name...Duck...to reply to. ;-)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Are you using the provided refill or changing to gel-sometimes the gel refills are a smidge too big-use Don's fix (drill bit).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom