Oversize center bands?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

underdog

Do the manufacturers make oversized center bands?

You know, to prevent the "sausage" look when you make the slimline extra fat? I'm afraid I really dislike that look.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rmartin

I don't believe they do, but you could make some of your own. Or not use a center band at all.

hehe, sausage look.

It makes me think of someone with their belt on to tight.

Thumbs

Jim, another method to try for a better looking and heftier pen is to use a "Comfort Pen" kit. Just don't use the lower rubber grip and use a standard bushing for sizing at the nib end.[:)] This gives you a streamline with a nice professional looking centerband. Of course, if you check out Russ' site you'll see how you can make your own centerbands any size you want and with any material you want.[:D]

Ozzy

Unless a customer request it, I never use the center band on my slim lines. Since I mill mine before I turn them there is a lip, I put the blanks on the mandrel with a bushing in between the blanks and start turning. When the lip is gone, I remove the bushing, put the blanks together and turn them together. You can see how it looks here http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21578.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom