The Other Half

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wheaties

What do you do with the other half of the blank when making a Sierra? Is the only thing to do with it to make another Sierra or use if for segmenting? Don't get me wrong, I like being able to make two pens from one blank, but there's got to be other options. Right?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

warreng8170

If it's long enough for another pen, then yeah, I save it. That makes it easy when some says "I want one that looks like this other pen you made."

If the blank is too short to make two pens, I take the cutoff and make a keychain from it. Quick, simple and cheap. Plus the length isn't critical. I can then sell them as a set or separately.

I also do this when I am making a double barreled pen and have a blow-out on one of the halves. I just turn the other half into a keychain. Works well with 7mm and 10mm pens. Not so good on capped pens.

tdibiasio

I have had good luck making a Sierra and a Polaris Click pen from the same blank. I have done about 5 pair this way and been happy with getting two pens from one blank. I think that the Polaris click and the standard polaris and Atlas are all the same size so you could use the other half with those kits as well.

Tom

Top Bottom