Other center bands

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dankc908

I am wondering if there are other "center band" vendors out there for the slimline pens. I have bought some of the Penn State bands but would like to find some others - esp. wider bands. My Penn State bands have two 'beads' and I would like to find some with 3 (or more 'beads') - I did use two of the 2-bead bands on a slim and I like the effect. I do intend to start making some of my own center bands. Question: Am I better off using 'contrasting' wood on a wooden pen or should I consider doing acrylic with the wooden pens? Any ideas and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

I am wondering if there are other "center band" vendors out there for the slimline pens. I have bought some of the Penn State bands but would like to find some others - esp. wider bands. My Penn State bands have two 'beads' and I would like to find some with 3 (or more 'beads') - I did use two of the 2-bead bands on a slim and I like the effect. I do intend to start making some of my own center bands. Question: Am I better off using 'contrasting' wood on a wooden pen or should I consider doing acrylic with the wooden pens? Any ideas and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

See this thread http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61805

You could also use Aluminum or Brass and put as many beads on as you want .

bgibb42

If you're looking for a slimline alternative with a wider, multi-beaded center band, you might try using the Streamline (PSI calls it Trimline) pen components. The finished pen is a little thicker in the middle of the pen where the center band is located, but the front section is the same as a slimline, and the clip is much nicer looking, IMHO.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Use of wood or acrylic or brass or aluminum as a center band material will depend on your design. Its more of a personal taste, I dont like most acrylic C/B's with wood. But Im not buying the pen. Other members use all sorts of materials. Making your own will just add to the custom aspect of your pens.
Mike

PenMan1

Here is another shameless plug for Ed and Dawn at Exotic Blanks. When you get their slimline TN pens, you can order an additional matching "comfort" sized center band for cheap. IMHO, this CB brings several design possiblities without slowing down the "production" process that I use for the slims.

I don't get a lot of money for the slims, so I don't want to put the extra time into custom CB's etc on this model.

Top Bottom