Original Catus Blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fireengines

I have a Galaxy Blue Original Cactus Blank where I blew out the blank of the lower tube of a Triton Pen. I would love to save the pen using another blank, perhaps wood. Any recommendations on what material / color I could use, contrasting colors may be nice.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Justturnin

I would reach out to Curtis and see if he has a short available. Is the blow out so bad that you cant glue it back together? I like those blanks, I have one and am still too scared to try it out....

The Penguin

you're scared of a cactus blank? I find that hard to believe!

I would use mesquite...or perhaps something light colored...American Holly, maple, etc.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I have a Galaxy Blue Original Cactus Blank where I blew out the blank of the lower tube of a Triton Pen. I would love to save the pen using another blank, perhaps wood. Any recommendations on what material / color I could use, contrasting colors may be nice.

You are covered with my industry leading guarantee on all my blanks, sir! If you can blame the blow up at all on the blank, I will replace it at 100%. If it was your fault, I will replace it at 50% off. Just let me know and I can get it taken care of!

biednick

That's amazing service right there. Anyways, I would segment in a relitively dark wood, maybe blackwood? And add a small strip to the opisite end of the pen as well. Like this:
Wccccccccwwww
(w is wood, c is the catus blank)

PenMan1

If Curtis's warranty were any better, he'd have to give me 25% credit for forgetting where I put the blanks!

Seriously, the Original Cactus Blanks are easy to turn and sell well, which reminds me, it's time to order more.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
If Curtis's warranty were any better, he'd have to give me 25% credit for forgetting where I put the blanks!

Seriously, the Original Cactus Blanks are easy to turn and sell well, which reminds me, it's time to order more.

Unfortunately, there are not any right now! I thought that once I went full time with TurnTex, I would have more time to make blanks. A certain other endeavor dealing with resin has prevented that, though!

Thanks for the nice comments, guys! I sincerely appreciate it.

wizard

Larry,
I have Curtis's Original Cactus Blank shorts..all except the Galaxy Blue.. that you are welcome to have. A year or two ago, I made a pen using the cutoffs from the various cactus blanks of Curtis's..lol..didn't have the heart to throw them away. I combined the upper cap made with the cactus blanks with a lower barrel made from mesquite and called it a "Taste of Texas" after one of Curtis's sampler packs. LOL..Man.. my pens were a little under-turned back then. Shreenath

Attachments

• Taste of Texas.jpg
    Taste of Texas.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 112
  • Taste of Texas_1.jpg
    Taste of Texas_1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 117
  • Taste of Texas_2.jpg
    Taste of Texas_2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

triw51

Larry,
I have Curtis's Original Cactus Blank shorts..all except the Galaxy Blue.. that you are welcome to have. A year or two ago, I made a pen using the cutoffs from the various cactus blanks of Curtis's..lol..didn't have the heart to throw them away. I combined the upper cap made with the cactus blanks with a lower barrel made from mesquite and called it a "Taste of Texas" after one of Curtis's sampler packs. LOL..Man.. my pens were a little under-turned back then. Shreenath

I like the way you combine them that is creative. I do understand how you feel about throwing things like that away.

Top Bottom