organize your pen kits?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

I just keep mine on peg board and try to group by type , Rollerball/ballpoint/bullet pens etc. I keep all of the Lazerlinez stainless stuff grouped. I just try to glance when I'm making an order but don't do any major production so it works for me. Several seem to use a program called Penventory but seems like more work than I'm interested in. Semi organized works for me.

papaturner

I keep mine in small plastic boxes. They will only hold 10 so the over runs are on peg board to the left.

Sorry I was trying to use my cell phone and the photo did not get on the post.So here it it`s. 71 year old men ought not have smart phones.

Attachments

• penstorage.JPG
    penstorage.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 405

Davidh14

I use these boxs from Home Depot. I have enough room to keep quite a few kits as well as bushings and extra tubes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 280

BKelley

I have a 48x24x76 metal cabinet with 5 shelves. 2 shelves are dedicated to 5x5x12 yellow plastic bins. This allows me to store 16 different kits with the option of installing another shelf with more bins. Down side is the empty space behind bins. This is used for seldom used items.

Ben

Attachments

• P1012014.jpg
    P1012014.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 272

csr67

I use a DeWalt "t-stak" system. It holds my kits, parts, and my blanks that are "on deck". The system is easily expandable to any size and easily portable. They are not cheap, but very well made with ball bearing slides on drawers etc...

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

Last edited:

JohnU

I keep my bushings in small plastic drawer sets that hang on the wall and small rubber mate totes for the kits and parts in zip lock baggies. Looking at what some of you posted pictures of clearly convinced me that I have way to many kits. Lol. I have my blanks sorted out in Medium flat rate boxes and one larger box of my blanks that I keep for me or special pens.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

I keep my bushings in small plastic drawer sets that hang on the wall and small rubber mate totes for the kits and parts in zip lock baggies. Looking at what some of you posted pictures of clearly convinced me that I have way to many kits. Lol. I have my blanks sorted out in Medium flat rate boxes and one larger box of my blanks that I keep for me or special pens.

John I will not even show my collection of kits. I have way too many and many that I will never use. I bought them on a whim and now think they just are too gimmicky. I may have to do a cleanse one day. :biggrin:

zig613

I store the different kits in separate plastic boxes. To track what I have in my inventory I use an Excel spreadsheet.

Wade

mikeschn

Well, I am going to start with using the drawers in my new work bench. Each pen type & color will have it's own row in the drawer... When I am down to 1 kit in a row it's time to re-order.

I don't plan on using any software at this point...

When I run out of drawer space, then I'll have to implement one of your ideas...

Mike...

stonepecker

If I can't find the pen kit I know I have .......I reach for my phone.
(I have my favorite vendors on speed dial)

One can never have to many blanks or kits. (Lathes are another item completely)

renichols

Storage

This is how I store my kits and blanks. Also keep my bushing in the bins.
I'll have another picture will just need to edit size :frown:

Attachments

• 20160329_104321.jpg
    20160329_104321.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 168
  • 20160329_104334.jpg
    20160329_104334.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 20160329_104349.jpg
    20160329_104349.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 138

ChiTown56

Inventory & Organization

Currently, I use a spreadsheet for all my Lathe "Stuff", be it; books, video's, blanks, kits, misc, tools.....

Then to organize I use some of the wife's plastic bin's that I'll post tomm. they are about 3-4 drawers deep. Each drawer is about 6" deep x 4-5" wide x 1 1/2" tall. Each drawer holds about 5-6 kit's.

Then for my bushing's I use a 24 compartment container in most cases, I'll post this pic tomm. also.

My biggest hassel are my blanks! I keep them in zip loc baggies with the name of the Blank, size, cost and sale price on the label. Then they all sit in a box. I have over 500 blanks! I need the most help in this area!

edicehouse

I use a storage rack with removable bins from Harbor Freight.

Yeah I use one of them, also store blanks in it. Well the blanks are there, in a box under a bench, in a closet in the house, in a box under the bed, in a bag on the end table, on my computer desk, in my truck, and my front porch. LOL

Top Bottom