Organization questions....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodscavenger

How do you stay organized? I started this for fun and the response has been so rapid that I am quickly getting overwhelmed by the orders coming and going. What systems do you all use for keeping track of sales, orders, etc.?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ryannmphs

Organized? what's that?
I've been trying to organize the shop for 3 months!!! Every time I think I know how I want it, I decide it wont work for one reason or the other.

Other than that, I write the name and wood id on the bag that the kits come in during cutting and glue up. I do have some of those little organizers (bunch of drawers in a case, small ones on top and bigger ones on the bottom) that I am starting to use. That's about it for me.

Ryan

KKingery

Organized?? What's that? Just kiddin.... I've gone to using a bin system for all of my parts, blanks, etc.. Each bin labeled with contents and so forth..... To keep track of orders, just get yourself one of those small sales books from Office Depot or Staples. When the order comes in, I write it up, pull the top sheet and put it in order on my cork board. When the order is done, you just pull it off the board, and put it with the order - instant invoice.

Gary

Kits by type in separate plastic stack boxes and blanks on a shelf. They are on shelves and organized by wood type, labeled with a marker and bundled with rubber bands.

daledut

I keep my kits in divided containers that I got at Lowes. Blanks are scattered all over the place.

Beyond that I can usually find my lathe if it is not burried under sawdust.[:D]

jwoodwright

This is My latest attempt to organize... It is a 3-"compartment rolling/turning stand, added plywood top, had tripod light system, always in the way, when the lights went, got two new smaller ones, tripod now not used, lights on pole in center pole of stand. Can raise lights as needed. Pen kits in one compartment, sandpaper another and glue another... On the Back wall is bins and a row of 60 drawer organizers... No, still not happy either...[:I]

20052223821_New%20Storage%20Sytem%20004.jpg
<br />

dougle40

Originally posted by daledut
<br />I keep my kits in divided containers that I got at Lowes. Blanks are scattered all over the place.

Beyond that I can usually find my lathe if it is not burried under sawdust.[:D]

Not fair -- Dale stole my answer !!![:I][:p][:D][:D] LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom