Organization

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

follow3

Hey All,

How do you all keep things organized?

I am working on some shop upgrades and was wondering what to do with the pen making area.

Everyone post some descriptions and PICS of your turning area, kit/parts organizers, tool racks/holders and shop built lathe stands... or anything you think is a cool organization or work helper project.

This should be pretty fun. I bet a lot of you are like me... I make more things for my shop than for anything else. There is always another jig, stand or fixture that needs to be built to make life easier!!!

Thanks,
Steve

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

Steve,
Go to SHOPS,JIGS,FIXTURES etc
Articles headed SHOW US YOUR WORKSHOP John Crane,
I made some details with some pics on Pages 10, 11, and 12.
Any questions or help I will exchange with you by PM any time.
I use divided plastic boxes to hold a 1000 blanks plus shelving for as many more,I too love to make and modify machinery,benches to suit me and my requirements.
Would be happy to hear from you. Peter
PS John as well as me live in Australia I applaud his following on from someone previously this series of peoples workshops,he is a good guy.

Ligget

I bought a lot of plastic boxes with lids similar size to a shoe box, then I numbered each one. They are great for pen kits and I have a note on my workshop wall telling me what kits are in what box number.:)

scoutharps

I still need to keep the instructions, etc. I'm a big fan of looseleaf notebooks. Currently, everything is still small enough that I can keep all my instructions in one notebook. Those zipper bags are great for keeping the bushings, etc with it's own set of instyructions--AM Classics in one devider, slimlines in the next, with another zipperbag, etc. The shop pictures were great, and I saw several ideas at low/no cost with stuff around the house, so I will be implementing those.

JimB

Steve - when I fisrt started looking at this site I looked at the Show Us Your Worshop thread that others here refer to. Just looking at all the pictures will give you many, many ideas. I looked at most of them twice because i missed so much the first time.

Top Bottom