Orange and Blue Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbriski

I have a customer qanting a natural wood that is either Orange or blue, do you have any suggestions?

My list for orange are Amboyna, Leapordwood, Cocobolo, Cherry, and Massaranduba that are sort of close to orange.

And Buckeye burl for grey blue.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jthompson1995

Padauk will darken quite a bit with age. My niece made a sketch pencil from paella and it was very yellow to begin with but darkened nicely to a medium orange. The only blue I can think of is buckeye.

GBusardo

Hi,
A real nice orange wood is Chakte Viga or Paela (same wood, different name). I have a pic of a Jr Gent in my album. I got that blank from Dario and it is probably the orangest Paela I have seen. He might be able to help you with some.
I know this sounds crazy, but i have had some cheap pine have blue streaks, I don't know why or what its called though.
Good Luck

Dario

Paela and buckeye.

I am almost out of Paela though. Here is a sample of beeswing Paela.

060607.jpg
[/url]

hrigg

Gary said...

"I know this sounds crazy, but i have had some cheap pine have blue streaks, I don't know why or what its called though."

I think it's actually called Blue Pine, although sometimes the streaks shade more to grey. The streaking is caused by the tree being infested with beetles. There's a company in Canada that sells products made from it...they might sell the lumber, too.

wood-of-1kind

I have some blue 'dyed' stabilised maple and sycamore if you require some. Can post if you wish to see some or of course you can always dye your favourite specie with the colour of your choice.

-Peter-[:)]

dbriski

Thanks for the replies guys, he said that dyed would be fine, so I will most likly go that route but I love that paela, I sent him the picture to see if he likes it too.

rhahnfl

Living in Florida, I bet I could sell a bunch of orange & blue pens. Especially in my neck of the swamp... er woods. [:D] Would be great to sell pens instead of orange and blue golf tees and throwing in a ticket or two...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom