Opinions wanted.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dale Allen

This is a variation on an old favorite kit.
I had some black acrylic with orange swirl that I wanted to incorporate.
First off, this is not assembled and not fine finished. I stuck the pieces together to see how it would look assembled, with some Photoshop help!
My better half, who's opinion I value highly, says the wood doesn't go well with the black. Now I'm hesitant to finish it because at this point I could turn away the wood and start over.

Attachments

• oldfriend.jpg
    oldfriend.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 336
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

:confused::confused: I don't think it looks realy bad. I would cut down the center bands and add a little more burl there. I don't like the largeness of the dark center bands, and would rather see wood with the burl than resin. As for the above answers, you don't have to live with the pen, and it's not going to keep your feet warm at night !!. Jim S

azamiryou

I like it apart from the knobby thing at the end, which I can't figure out. I think the wood and plastic go together fine. When I do something like this, I usually put the split between the barrels on one side of the CB, rather than in the middle of the CB. What you've got looks a bit like a "double" CB.

Dale Allen

Thanks all. I agree and it will not be assembled as is. I have extra tubes this size so this can sit and wait for the right moment to rework it.
This is what the prototype test piece looks like for the top. For some reason it did not turn out this way and that too I will need to review. It is 3 pieces of acrylic set into the wood and then turned.
Oh well, some of the most valuable things I learn are what not to do and what doesn't work. It all goes into the final mix.

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 80
Top Bottom