Opinions Please

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kragax

I haven't as of yet made any click type pens. I have heard varying stories about them and it kinda makes me nervous. I thought about ordering PSI's
compson starter set but... I wondered what the general consensus was on click type pens and if you had any recommendations, warnings, or words of wisdom.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

I have done a bunch of the Clicker pens from CSUSA. The click mechanism is a little loud but have never had a failure. One was my carry pen for about 3 years.
I like the nice long blank to show off your blank material with not much hardware to take away from the blank.
You do need to drill straight and sometimes use a longer bit. Otherwise a solid pen in my book.
I have not used any other click pens at all.

Going kitless, Richard Greenwald has some wonderfully smooth and quiet click mechanisms. I think they are Schmidt if memory serves me right.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Le Roi V2, Le Roi Elegant and Le Roi Elegant LB are all excellent click pens.once properly assembled I've never known one to fail.
The Artisan clicker is a nice pen if you have a real nice blank because it shows so much blank. There are lots of others out there as well.

Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I like the Vertex Clicker & the Compson.

I have several of Smitty's clicker kits, but I haven't had a chance to try them yet. I've heard nothing but good things about them though.

WriteON

I like the Vertex Clicker

This is a great pen. The tube is a long one. Drill slowly...take your time.
Also...the Vertex pencil is a great kit. Got them from PSI.

Attachments

• VERTEX.jpg
    VERTEX.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 101
Top Bottom