Opinions on Panache Kits???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

truittsosebee

I just noticed that Rockler has the Panache kits on clearance for $4.99 and thought I'd get a few opinions of this kit before I order a bunch of them.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

the metal part that you hold to write with. On the Jr's they are interchangable from fountain to rollerball. Though I've don't think I've ever seen anyone swap a fountain section on a Panache.

keithkarl2007

the metal part that you hold to write with. On the Jr's they are interchangable from fountain to rollerball. Though I've don't think I've ever seen anyone swap a fountain section on a Panache.

I've just been looking through pics of various panache pens (type panache in the search tab) one had a fountain section from a Jr Gent.
There a great kit to show off a large blank

mick

The Panache is always a big seller for me. I keep about 8 or 10 in different acrylics on my show tables and almost always end up selling at least a couple at each show.
I've made a couple into FP on request and used a Baron section.

TomW

See you learn something new every day!. I'm done for today!

Thanks
Tom

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam

This one was featured in Stylus Magazine a couple of years ago.

attachment.php

Last edited:

Russianwolf

See, now I've seen one. Thanks Lou.

Why they don't offer it as a Fountain kit, who knows, but then the same could be said for the Zen (especially since the section has different threads than the Stretch which does have a fountain version.

jimofsanston

I have made one. Everyone looks at it but i have not had any takers yet. I might just go ahead order some to have on hand for later. It has a good price.

keithkarl2007

Man, i just tried to order 3 panache kits on Rockler. When it came to checking out it charged me $8.95 for shipping and handling within the U.S and a further $32 to ship to Ireland. For 3 pen kits, what the heck??? I know they are a beefy kit but they can't be that heavy

Russianwolf

Man, i just tried to order 3 panache kits on Rockler. When it came to checking out it charged me $8.95 for shipping and handling within the U.S and a further $32 to ship to Ireland. For 3 pen kits, what the heck??? I know they are a beefy kit but they can't be that heavy

Want me to get some for you? Interantional priority should run about $10 I think.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
O My god.... check out the pricing on these.....

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=19552

Wow !!!!:eek: That's a bit steep isn't it??:confused: I never thought they were that expensive.

Oh, about the panaches, I like them too but have had a recurring problem.... With the cap being so fat, I've found that it is too easy to tighten it too much which then pulls out the coupler. I've had to glue most of them in.

Last edited:

DurocShark

As for the Panache, they're a great showoff pen, but a pain to write with. So they tend not to sell for me.

I discovered the interchangeable sections last week or so and posted about it.

BigguyZ

The Majestic at Rockler is really expensive too- like $60.

About the panache, I bought a few yesterday since they were on sale. I haven't made one yet, but it looks interesting.

Something I noticed, though. As mentioned, it uses the same tubes and "nib" as the Jr Gent. So, instead of using a Jr Gent to make a closed end pen, you can buy the panache at half the cost and the only difference is the center band... So the closed end mandrels I just made for the Jr Gent body and cap are not going to be used to make a closed end Panache instead. Seems like it'd make more sense to do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom