Opinions of artisan americana rollerball?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sandsini

I hadn't noticed that one in Rhodium before... Nice looking pen. Too bad they don't carry it in the FP as well, the instructions show that option. I'm sorry I don't have any thing to add to the discussion, but I'm also interested in feedback.

gbpens

Dan, while the rhodium finish is great the snap cap tends to wear over time resulting in the cap separating from the body of the pen. Short term good, long term bad.

jcm71

I have sold two or three and still have two in inventory. My experience is that the cap is a little tight/difficult to get off to write. I've had no experience with cap failure as described above.

Mortalis

jcm71

I have sold two or three and still have two in inventory. My experience is that the cap is a little tight/difficult to get off to write. I've had no experience with cap failure as described above.

So will you buy / make more or not?

Don't know, Dan. Undecided. I like the pen and it is not difficult to make. It seems it would be an ideal rollerball for a lady. With my luck, as soon as I made some more a prior customer would come back with a broken cap.

lwalper

That cap mechanism looks just like the ones I've gotten from Woodcraft with the exception that these centerbands appear to be a little nicer and better platings (and these are a little more $$ as well). Don't know anything about longevity. I've made/sold a few and after several months none have come back. The adjustable feature in the snapcap is nice. You can get it "just right."

jcm71

So will you buy / make more or not?

Don't know, Dan. Undecided. I like the pen and it is not difficult to make. It seems it would be an ideal rollerball for a lady. With my luck, as soon as I made some more a prior customer would come back with a broken cap.

Just went through my stash of component sets and found four Americana sets. So I guess I will be making some more, Dan.

Jim Burr

Banned
Snap caps have been reviewed and discussed over and over...worthless. You could always purchase some and see what YOU think.

Top Bottom