Votes: 2 7.1%
  • CA

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other, will comment below

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

JBCustomPens

Hey everyone,

I just got a nice piece of green swirl ebonite from Ed and Dawn (thanks again), and I wanted peoples opinion on how YOU would finish ebonite. Thanks, I will post the pen in the upcoming weeks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Sand to 400 grit, lathe running. Sand lengthwise with 400 grit, lathe not running:laugh:. 0000 steel wool up speed, lathe running, lengthwise lathe not running.:laugh: Flitz metal polish, lathe running. Nu*Finish Scratch Doctor, lathe running, followed by Hut Ultra-Finish Plastic Polish. Beall it if you desire, no need in my opinion!

PenMan1

MM it down to about 12000, then white diamond buff. So shiny you can see yourself in it.
Doug

Ditto. Make sure your buffing wheel is clean, clean, clean...and then clean it some more. Better yet, use a new one and load it "lightly".

FWIW... I used to use Flitz or Brasso, but ended up "burning" a couple and making a mess with the Flitz. It works fine... just very light pressure. I tend to gorilla it.

Last edited:

JBCustomPens

Thanks. Can we get some more feedback? 152 views and 3 posts? We can do better!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Also, why would you finish it that way? Thanks.

Top Bottom