opinion needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

I recently received a request for a Jr. Gent RB and FP set in NC Tarheels colors so I ordered this from Ernie (please forgive the crudeness of my graphics, but they server a purpose). And yes, I do cast my own PR, but I don't have any light blue and I doubt I'd get the color right anyway.

20065342442_tarheel2.jpg

The two blues are close enough, but it needs white to be complete and I just happen to have some. So here's my dilema. This has to be a glue-up. No problem, I've done it before. Just not with a blank patterned like this acetate. So do I add the white like this?

2006534278_tarheel3.jpg

Like this?

20065342731_tarheel4.jpg

Or use a white celtic knot in the cap? (Sorry, folks, my graphics work ain't good enough to show that one.) I think I'm leaning toward celtic knot, but I'm just not sure. I don't think I like the look of the angled stripe at all with the patterns in the blues and the two bands on each barrel just look too simple, cheezy, or something.

TIA! I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Billy,

I'm not familiar with the Tarheels colors, so this may be way off base. Have you considered Blue Sea Spray acrylic from Woodpenpro? I've got a blank and I am a bit closer than Honolulu if you want to try it.

FWIW,

alamocdc

Mike, I haven't tried scallops yet, so no I didn't think about going that direction. I have now that you brought it up and you may be on to something.

Cav, Ernie has it now too and I looked at it last night. I like it a lot, but not for this application. The colors just don't match.

Ron Mc

Billy,
Is the thickness of the white line shown the actual thickness in relation to the blank and pen size? Can it be smaller? Bare with me....My mind sees a design![;)]

ncseeker

Billy,

Since my son goes to NC State, I have an aversion to these colors. [:D]

Even though, I really don't like the two blues on the blank you're showing. Carolina only has one blue. Have you considered using BB's Starlite blanks? He has a sky blue and a white one. I would think a Carolina pen made from the sky blue with a celtic knot in white would be cool.

Just the opinion of a Wolfpack Dad.

alamocdc

Ron, I can make the white any thickness I want.

Mike, Looking at their web site it shows white, sky blue and a dark blue. Even on all the uniforms. Granted the dark blue takes a lesser roll, but it's there none-the-less. But I'll take a look at the starlite... thanks for the heads up.

mick

Billy had you considered making the blank a half and half....split it up the middle and have it white in one side and the blues on the other? Or even a two color pen ....cap one color and the pen the other! Just my opinion but I don't think the amount of white you're showing stands out.
But if I had to choose I like the one with the stripes at each end of the cap and pen[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom