Oneway Scroll Chuck Questions!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1JaredSchmidt

I just bought a new Oneway Scroll Chuck and it's a very nice chuck,but the jaws are so expensive. Are PSI's chucks just as good or does somebody want to sell some jaws to me for cheap. Just turned my first box and working on a elm bowl. Thanks! Rockler had the chucks on sale for $139.99 and the 1"x8tpi adapter was $24.99 Very nice Chuck though!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

The "just as good" question is a matter of opinion from those who have compared the products. I'll say this, my PSI mini chuck is an excellent tool. And, with the jaws included, great value. Same with their bigger chucks, jaws included. PSI has been capturing a large part of the lathe chuck market recently with these items. I'll be buying a Barracuda 3 or 4 in the near future.

thetalbott4

I have the barracuda 2 and another one they dont stock anymore but is similar to their current Utility 4 jaw. The Barracuda has impressed me to no end. I've had some stuff in that chuck that had no business being in there, spinning at speeds that....you get the idea. Great value with all the stuff it comes with. The Utility type chuck that tightens with 2 bars isnt bad. It was all I could afford at the time and served me well. I keep one set of jaws on it so I dont have to change the ones on the Barracuda all the time. The Barracuda is a big improvement however.

Top Bottom