One of those days!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jskeen

Picture says it all :-( Ya'll excuse me, I hear a bottle of single malt calling my name.

Attachments

• PICT0177.jpg
    PICT0177.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 211
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Ouch!!! And that red blank is ( was ) really nice too!!:frown:

How did it happen? It looks like you had finished turning and had already sanded / polished too. If I was to hazard a guess, I'd say the glue bond gave up between the black paint and the tube. It may just be the pic, but the blue tube looks a little flaired? Were you polishing between centres and maybe had too much TS pressure?

jskeen

ok, I have gained enough perspective (90 proof) to discuss it now. The blue one was first, and yes, I think the glue bond failed on that one, but before the tube flared, not after. then after it spun on the tube, I pushed it out a bit, squirted in some thin ca and tried it again. All was well, but I was working that end and my gouge caught. strike one. The red one was finished, turned, mm'd, buffed to remove a couple of very thin lines at one end, and polished, then I noticed another small line. Minor deal, just a touch on the buffer, no need to put it back on the dowel. Yea, right :-( pr don't like to hit the edge of the workbench going that fast.

At that point it was miller time. Well, Lone Star and Macallan time actually. Ces't la Vie!

Top Bottom