One Piece Slimline Pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JBCustomPens

Hey everyone,

I have an idea. I just wanted to know if it has been done before.

The one-piece slimline pencil.

Would anyone be interested in knowing how this can be accomplished? Is it a unique idea? That way, you can have a one-piece slimline pen and pencil set.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

I did one where I used the centerband in between the tubes and then turned in done till it was flush, I then drilled a long piece of wood to fit over it. Is that what you are talking about?

JBCustomPens

I did one where I used the centerband in between the tubes and then turned in done till it was flush, I then drilled a long piece of wood to fit over it. Is that what you are talking about?

That is my idea exactly! Pretty cool huh? How did it work out for you?

Is it worth writing a tutorial for?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The centerband on the slimline serves no purpose.

Ryan's idea is a very simple alternative--yes, I have done it years ago, no I don't remember the dimensions.

I did not do the pen--so the pencil did not impress me and I never liked the mechanism for reliability.

But, it did function. (as well as any of them ever functioned)

nava1uni

Tutorial sounds like it could be interesting. I would like to read it. To get the length of the tubing measure both short pieces then cut a tube to that size. The center band width would not be figured into the length. Russ Fairfield makes a single tube pen out of the Perfect Fit kit. I have one and it is a very nice pen to use. It also allows it to be a little bigger.

hewunch

You can just glue the tubes in either side of the blank just so long as you have the right length. I will tell you though, that the pentel conversion is much MUCH more reliable. Here is one I did a while back.

comfortpencil.jpg

Last edited:

hewunch

It is where you take a pentel pencil and take the plastic shell off and turn a new shell. Chuckkey and Rherrel here sell the mandrel, drillbit and bushings.

Here is one in spalted sycamore.

obj1177geo660pg28p20.png

fred holsclaw

blank needs to be 4.25 inch long plus .25 in for trim purpose do it all the time tube needs to be 4.25 inch or use the tubes with the kit and insert them a little deeper in the blank for trimming the blank

rjwolfe3

That is my idea exactly! Pretty cool huh? How did it work out for you?

Is it worth writing a tutorial for?

A tutorial is always worth it! Otherwise, most of us would never learn anything new. The one I did was actually designed by my nephew and an artist in New York liked it so much she custom ordered two identical to it. (Photos are on my website - look for the Seth style) Unfortunately, like others have said, the mechanisms suck and I ended up replacing them twice before she stopped being my customer (long story that had nothing to do with the pencils). Go for the tutorial!:biggrin:

Top Bottom