One peace slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dudley Young

One peace gold slimline using Amboyna Burl. I think it's neat. What do you think?:biggrin:

Attachments

• onepen.jpg
    onepen.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 373
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jon-wx5nco

I think its neat too. I do have one dumb question. How do you... or where do you twist to advance and retract the ink cartridge?

Russianwolf

The nib is attached to the lower tube and the body is attached to the upper tube. So you hold the body and twist the nib.

Very nice pen. Now step it up and try for a one piece, closed end slimline. :biggrin: Keep challenging yourself.

ldb2000

The nib is attached to the lower tube and the body is attached to the upper tube. So you hold the body and twist the nib.

Very nice pen. Now step it up and try for a one piece, closed end slimline. :biggrin: Keep challenging yourself.

For an even harder challenge try making a finial operated slimline .:biggrin:

wb7whi

Aparently there is a kit that uses a brass tube that is just a frogs hair (scientific meaurment) larger that the 7mm. You drill the hole for that tube and glue it in then insert the nib (shoved into the 7mm tube with transmition and ink) into that tube.
Anyway, it supposedly makes the nib easier to turn and remove. The one-piece pens that I have made are very tight to turn and hard to remove to change refills.

Again, this is a method I got from Russ Fairfield, who has apparently done everything decent that you can do to a piece of wood. But I bet he hasn't been to Anarctica...Well,... There has gotta be something that I have done that he hasn't:redface:

its_virgil

The tube about which you mention is the inner tube for the flat top Americana pencil. Purchase extra tubes for that kit and use the inner tube (this pencil kit has 3 tubes). Or, the hole can be sanded just a little to enlarge the clearance. And, the upper tube needs to be just long enough to grab the transmission for turning it. This makes the pen easier to pull apart to change the refill. Maybe others will offer some other suggestions.
I have an article on the one piece slimline on my website at http://www.redriverpens.com/articles.htm but the shorter upper tube is not in the article. I need to change it to reflect that.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Aparently there is a kit that uses a brass tube that is just a frogs hair (scientific meaurment) larger that the 7mm. You drill the hole for that tube and glue it in then insert the nib (shoved into the 7mm tube with transmition and ink) into that tube.
Anyway, it supposedly makes the nib easier to turn and remove. The one-piece pens that I have made are very tight to turn and hard to remove to change refills.

Again, this is a method I got from Russ Fairfield, who has apparently done everything decent that you can do to a piece of wood. But I bet he hasn't been to Anarctica...Well,... There has gotta be something that I have done that he hasn't:redface:

Top Bottom