Not open for further replies.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I am not selling this blank,
I will be giving it away!

For details go here

Olive wood blank give away details
It is subtly figured olive wood with a bloodwood and holly inlay.

200611101561_olivewoodblank%20contest%201.jpg

20061110151528_olivewoodblank%20contest2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

Nice work Eagle. I got a couple pieces of olivewood that look like that from Big Rob. Do you know which it is? I know its not the BoW stuff, grain was not as dark and it had an almost redish tint to the wood. Beautiful when it turned down.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by airrat
<br />Nice work Eagle. I got a couple pieces of olivewood that look like that from Big Rob. Do you know which it is? I know its not the BoW stuff, grain was not as dark and it had an almost redish tint to the wood. Beautiful when it turned down.
This piece will be a collectors item.
I bought a 10 pack from Woodcraft the day I bought my first lathe Fathers day 2004 so it is already seasoned.
The first pen I ever turned was from this batch of Olive wood.I have an olive wood on the lathe as we speak this piece is the last one from the original batch.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by jdmyers4
<br />How did you do the inlay?

First you start with a 10" contractors saw and work very carefully
The rest is academic.
There is a tutorial somewhere on the home page how to do inlays My method is a little bit less expensive.
Here is a quote from the first thread I posted Walnut inlay:

"To all other turners, Eagle has been working on this concept for weeks. Even with his experience in creating "laminated" pens, he has overcome numerous obstacles. Trust me, no one else will do it the same way - which he now describes as "fairly easy and repeatable!"

If you value your time at more than 50 cents an hour, buy the blanks from HIM, it will be your most economical alternative."

This is the thread where it can be found
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18656&whichpage=1

OKLAHOMAN

Who ever gets that blank and makes a pen from and then sells it needs to be horse whipped, Thats a keeper for sure[:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom