Olive Wood Cracked!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KingBentley

Sorry I don't have a photo show you guys, but is there anyway to fix a hairline crack? While assembling a pen too much pressure was exerted. I was thinking that I could use some medium CA and clamp it down followed by a good sanding. If not, does anyone know what size brass tubes I would need to buy for a PSI Jr. Majestic?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KingBentley

Thanks Gregg, I was hoping to go by Rockler and picking some up tonight. I like PSI but I'm unimpressed in how long it takes to get my order out the door.

rjwolfe3

If you really want to hide it rather then replace, you can CA the crack. I would use thin. Then refinish and it should be good as new. Make sure there is nothing in the tube and the tube is chamfered so that it doesn't split again.

rjwolfe3

Rob, how should I clamp it to close the gap? Also, how would I chamfer the tube?

Most of the time on mine, when I remove the hardware, the crack closes up which is why I recommended the thin CA. If it doesn't close up, it may be because your wood is shrinking rather then the hardware.

The best thing to use for chamfering is either the tool that Johnnycnc sells or the one that Landon had for sale. They use them for cartridges for reloading ammo.

Top Bottom