Olive Wood Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

CJCourtney

Good afternoon turners.Guys I'm new at turning pens.I have only turned 5 of them.I would like to purchase some olive wood blanks.Where is a good source for this and where they don't rob you on the shipping for a stick that is 6" long. I tryed e-bay but 3.95s/h and 1.99 for each other piece is alittle high.Where do ya'll shop?(web site)thanks CJ Courtney karoc1954@earthlink.net

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeffj13

I've had good luck with ebay as well. Typically, when you buy more than one blank the shipping on the additional blanks is significantly reduced.

jeff

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Try Big Rob, a member of this forum. He has some really good African Olive blanks. Some woods are more expensive than others. Purpleheart can be less than a dollar per blank, and killer amboyna can be as much as 8-10 dollars per blank.

It is always good to learn on easier, inexpensive wood before moving on to more expensive blanks.

Remember, a price that may seem excessive to you may well be a bargain to another turner. To me, buying from members here like Big Rob and Chitswood, as well as others is a way to buy a few blanks of several different species of wood for one shipping charge.

Look in the individual and the business classified in this site.

CJCourtney

I'm not complanting about the price of the blank,its the price of the shipping they are charging.You can ship USPS flat rate for 8.83 in the post office's box.Holds alot more than I can use.E-bayer right here in TX (where I'm at)wants 3.95 for the first piece then 1.99 for ea. piece after that.I sent the e-bayer in TX an e-mail and waiting for his reply,maybe I misunderstood. Looking for 10 Navydiver.

jeffj13

CJ,

I was just on ebay and there were at least 30 auctions for olive wood. Many had shipping of only $5 or $6 dollars. One had 15 blanks for $40 which included the shipping. If you don't want that many blanks, I'll buy 7 of them for $21 shipped.

jeff

toolcrazy

I just picked up 10 Bethlehem "GENUINE" Olive Wood Pen Blanks for 24 bucks including shipping off ebay. You just need to be flexable and keep looking. Also consider buying more than 1 or 2.

CJCourtney

thanks guys,for the heads up.I am now the proud owner of 10 olive wood pen blanks.I was not looking in the right places.Thanks again CJ Courtney

airrat

CJ, if you ordered it off ebay. Most likely it will be shipped from location. Expect a few weeks. Just dont want you to get disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom