Okay how about this gloat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

since you guys weren't terribly impressed with my last one.

Two pieces on there way from Dublin, Ireland.

Bog Oak and Bog Yew in the raw. Each weighs about 2.5kg So I should have a good bit of material to play with here.:biggrin:

Attachments

• mike bog oak 002.JPG
    mike bog oak 002.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 175
  • mike bog yew 001.JPG
    mike bog yew 001.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 171
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Druid

And GLOAT you should, very nice score Mike. I'll toast :beer::beer::beer: your success with another one of my favorite products from the land of my ancestry. :biggrin:

Wolfcoast

The bog oak piece looks like it would take a small amount of carving and could be an animal head like a tiger or something.

Nice score either way.

Russianwolf

Thank guys,

Hank, yep, I'm sure I'll be cutting some blanks out of them. How many will depend on what the pieces say to me. Fortunately, the friends these are coming from have access to more and I am first on their list since they know I'll buy just about all they can get at a fair price for both of us. The pieces are costing me about $75 each before shipping. (shipping sucks :rolleyes:) They are always a gamble though since you never know how many internal cracks there will be. This stuff can be worse than burl that way. But I love the stuff anyway.

This is the third source I've been able to track down now. And the second cheapest. (reminds me, I have to go get a pair of cover-alls from tractor supply for one of them. Like here, we trade stuff that the other can't find easily. :biggrin:)

RAdams

Banned
CONGRATS! looks like fun no doubt!

One of my local farm supply stores was just selling their leftover Dickies insulated coveralls for $30. They sold out in about 15 minutes. People were calling buddies up left and right. It was funny to watch.

Top Bottom