OK, so I'm cheap!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

MDWine

I'm guessing this has also been asked before, but I couldn't find any thread indicating so...

has anyone ever located a source for "raw" brass tubing? You know, 3 or 4 foot lengths?

Just curious [:eek:)]

Michael

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

http://www.smallparts.com

I also purchase it from the local hobby shop.....not Hobby Lobby...but a real hobby shop.

Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by MDWine
<br />I'm guessing this has also been asked before, but I couldn't find any thread indicating so...

has anyone ever located a source for "raw" brass tubing? You know, 3 or 4 foot lengths?

Just curious [:eek:)]

Michael

btboone

Michael, just watch the sizes of the tubes. Most pens don't use the common sized tubes found at the hobby stores. The stuff is great for custom projects though.

Thumbs

I went to my local hobby shop and bought a 3ft piece that matched the outside diameter of the brass for my slimlines. Didn't think there was any difference in inside diameter. Couldn't tell just by looking late at night after I finally found the store. There was! Went back to the store and bought another stick with the proper inside diameter. The sidewalls are definitely different! Haven't used this new stick yet; I'll have to adjust the bit size I use to bore my blanks when I use the hobby store stuff. My two bits says buy the tubing where you buy your pen kits.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom