Ok.. Now I need a FP help question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

There was a post once about someone who had issues with a pen feeding. For the life of me this El-Grande just does not want to feed for me. It keeps running dry and I have to give the converter a twist. The ink is good, I have been using it all along (Diamine Sepia) The converter is a Schmidtt, and I have used 2 nibs. The first nib was defective upon visual inspection (I had posted about a "Y" shaped tip where the very nib itself was not made right. The lines were tight but the nib end itself did not close. I had swapped out an orignal nib for a fine one so I swapped in the nib only onto the feeded and holder and it will dry up after a little while and not feed. Now I take these apart to clean all the time and never had an issue like this. Any thoughts??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LEAP

Man that pen is going to be the death of you. Broken coupler, bad nib and now it won't feed. Sounds like some pens are jinxed right from the start. Maybe it needs an exorcism. It must be cursed[}:)]

Firefyter-emt

Tell me about it! I am thinking it's a one off thing, it may be the second nib just has a diffrent issue. The first one did not feed at all, but that was because the nib did not touch at the tip, it was "open" This one will write good, but runs out about 3 or 4 times a day. Sometime while writing, not just while "capped"

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
I will repeat Bill's question. Are you replacing the entire screw-in assembly or just the metal nib?? Replace the entire assembly from another kit.

My favorite writing pen is the ElGrande, but I have found that it likes the Parker "Quink" better than any other ink. I buy it at the Office Depot.

Firefyter-emt

Just the metal nib, the feeder did not seem to fit as well in the other nib housing. One was loose one was to tight so I kept the original feeder. So I am back to the same feeder & housing with diffrent nibs. The feeder is clean.. To be honest, I swapped my nib & converter out of my churchill today so I have not uesd it today awaiting some ideas. I write all day and having the pen not feed just made me mad. I might try to swap in the nib I have now into the spare feeder & holder. I am thinking it's in the feeder right now.

bjackman

Originally posted by Firefyter-emt
<br /> I am thinking it's in the feeder right now.

I agree.
It can be helpful to "floss" the slots in the feed. I had some pieces of mylar plastic that worked perfect for that but can't find them at the moment to measure their thickness.
The person I got them from cut them from a large sheet of architect's drawing sheet mylar.
If multiple nibs don't work on a specific feed I would normally be highly suspect of that feed. Very easy for manufacturing debris or chemical residue to get in and block or partially block the ink or air slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom