Officially Broke Even Today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tn-Steve

Hey Gang,

I'm as happy as a clam at high tide. In the last Month I've sold enough pens to actually cover the cost of the lathe, tools, all my initial investment, with more orders coming in. <Steve does his happy dance, which is best left to your imagination> :bananen_smilies051:

Now I know that since most of my orders have come from people I work with / hang out with that it's not sustainable, but I'm actually getting some "Word-Of-Mouth" referels now, and I still haven't built inventory up or gotten the web site up yet.

Have a great day,

Steve

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brandon25

Congrats!
I'm not a penturner, per se, but it sure did pay for everything I have purchased for turning thus far. It's great when the hobby becomes self-sustaining. Now go turn some more pens!

JimB

Congrats Steve. I've also covered those expenses but then I kept buying more stuff so I really have never gotten into the black, just further into the red.

VisExp

Congrats Steve. I've also covered those expenses but then I kept buying more stuff so I really have never gotten into the black, just further into the red.

Ditto, and fortunately I don't see an end to the stuff to buy :biggrin: Confessions of a tool junkie :)

Rangertrek

Out go

Great to be in the plus column. Thus far, my Outgo exceeds the Inflow.
I keep buying stuff. I blame everyone here at IAP! :wink::wink: They keep offering such great blanks, and other things.....
The obsession continues.......

Congratulations... I've not really kept track of expenses vs sales, so don't know if I've broke even or not... Probably have since my first two lathes and most of my tools (except for the bowl gouges and thread chasers) were gifts from my son and the last one is from a sale that allowed me to pay cash for the lathe... This wood turnin' is so much fun, don't think about the cost much... and since I have a couple of tons of free wood (only costs me the gas to go get it and some sweat loading it) I don't have a lot of expenses in my turning right now.

Chris Bar

Congrats. Thinking selling might be necessary now to cover cost of giving them away.
Oh, when first reading your post title, was initially sad...thought it said "officially broke today"

Last edited:

Pocono Bill

I'm happy for you that you broke even. When I first read your post I interpreted it slightly different. "Officially broke" (which probably applies to any of us who never feel as though we have enough tools) and "Even today" (as though today is in the midst of a massive run on our product). Keep at it. Bill

yarydoc

Should it break even? WOW what a thought. When does this start? I thought this was like fishing, hunting and woodworking. Sounds good let us know how it works out.
Ray

Top Bottom