Odd ballpoint refill... please help!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Doc1911A1

I bought the pen below for my little girl who loves wolves, on the assurance from the seller that it could be refilled (foolishly thinking readily available refills would be understood). Well, I can't find this oddball refill on any of the dozen or so penmakers' supply websites I checked. I hope someone here recognizes it, and can tell me where I can buy some. I e-mailed the guy I bought from, no reply :mad:

The refill is 2.8" long. The metal end that friction-fits inside the wood is 0.156" on a micrometer caliper.

Thanks in advance!

P1010086_zps23ce7c9c.jpg

P1010089_zpsee1994f0.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

terryf

I dug around in the pen draw and found these short lanyard pens I bought at the equivalent of the dollar store - possibly what you're looking for?

Attachments

• IMAG0333.png
    IMAG0333.png
    315.4 KB · Views: 170

Doc1911A1

I dug around in the pen draw and found these short lanyard pens I bought at the equivalent of the dollar store - possibly what you're looking for?

No, the ink tube in my pen does not come out of the chrome cone (I tried). It's one integrated unit.

frank123

Can't really tell without more magnification of the nib end, but from what I can see it looks like that cone should come off. It just doesn't look like something that would be made in a single piece.

If there is nothing to hold the refill in the pen body I'm thinking it may be glued or press fitted in to hold it in place and keep it from pushing back into the body.

I'm assuming it is metal, if not don't try this, but have you possibly tried warming it to see if that will loosen and remove the refill? It looks like it still has ink so I think I'd wait till it runs dry first if it is writing acceptably.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
My guess is you have a lot of right answers. Here is how I believe he did it:

Took a refill from a bic or similar. Glued the "kit nib" to the plastic part of the refill so it would not move. Stuck it into the hole in the wolf section. Removed and cut off the refill to fit. He would not have to put adhesive on the nib, a loose press fit will still hold the nib in place and, when you write, all the pressure is upward.

I would put acetone on the inside of the nib (chrome part) and attempt to wiggle the plastic part of the refill. This will help push the acetone farther down and, eventually, it will "budge".

Good luck!!
Ed

Gulfcoast

--- the 0.156 dia matches the Paper Mate "Eagle", however it is about 5" long

--- it is also all plastic, but looks very similar in configuration to your refill

--- if you can drill the clearance hole deeper you would then have a very economical lifetime supply of refills, not to mention a larger ink supply in the pen using them.

Joe

Attachments

• Eagle.jpg
    Eagle.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 371

Doc1911A1

--- the 0.156 dia matches the Paper Mate "Eagle", however it is about 5" long

--- it is also all plastic, but looks very similar in configuration to your refill

--- if you can drill the clearance hole deeper you would then have a very economical lifetime supply of refills, not to mention a larger ink supply in the pen using them.

Joe

That's perfect. Thanks!!

Jgrden

These can be purchased from Office Depot. They are a long tube that you cut to fit the pen. That is in a perfect world, however. But I have purchased and used them. They work.

Top Bottom