Nurses

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

philk

Had a medical supply company approach me for a order of 50-100 pens for a client of theirs. They will be given to nurses thru-out a local hospital. Any idea's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

les-smith

I've sold quite a few through my wife at a local hospital. The nurse always want the cigar. They like the weight of it. They say it's easy to know where it is when they put it in the scrubs pocket.

OKLAHOMAN

I started selling the Sierra click to nurses this year, they only have at times one hand to write with and seem to really like a good click.

jcollazo

My wife's an RN and the Sierra clicker made from acrylic or PR is a clear winner in the hospital were she works. Even though my wood pens are sealed in CA, they, the nurses who have been buying my pens, feel that the plastic barrels are easier to clean and sanitize at the end of the day. The administrators and office staff have been buying the wooden non-click Sierras, Cigars and Comforts.

Rudy Vey

Click Sierra as well! Nurses often carry a board with paperwork on and the pen must be operated with one hand. I just put this type of pen in my pen selection because of being often asked by nurses.

scoutharps

I'm Dental, but in charge of infection control in my office. A click is the only way to go! It must be one hand operable!!!!!!!!! I'd think acrylic as well, from getting sprayed down constantly with disinfectants, which have to be able to kill EVERYTHING, even though some take up to 10 minutes to do so.

I leave my "good" pens on my desk, and use a plastic click pen in the operatories.

scoutharps

One more thing--Please:D don't use white! Not only is it totally passe', but we medical types live color! For peds, the brighter the better, for nursing homes, more along the pastel lines, but not white or "hospital green"--you know the one I'm talking about! Kind of pea soupish....

DaveM

That's funny, because I can't keep white ones in stock around nurses. They seem to go for the tradition. I sell some colored ones too, but I have sold over 100 sets of pens in marbled and pearl whites. The funny thing is that the gold titanium hardware is more popular than all of the silver, platinum, chrome, etc. combined. All of my sales are acrylic, except for a few who want a wood pen for home use. They don't want to chance wood in a hospital setting. I don't have a click pen in my rep yet, but I plan on adding the sierra click this summer. My biggest sellers are Barons in white, with two pen sets. One with black ink, and one with red. I make plastic inserts for the finials in red and black to color code the pens. A few have even had me make a thermometer case out of the matching material. They don't even use thermometers anymore, but they want the complete, traditionsl set. (I am not sure they even use the red ink anymore)

Most of the nurse customers I have end up buying several brightly colored pens to go with their white ones, but the traditional sets draw them in for the initial hook. One Nurse who works with my former girlfriend bought herself a white set and then ordered 32 more pens of all shapes, colors and styles to give away for Christmas. Maybe I need to change my marketing approach for medical people. I should steer them towards colors.

Top Bottom