Nova lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipes

I have a Nova mercury VS lathe ! I didn't know a thing and walked in a woodcrat and bought it a few yrs ago they had it on sale for $279.00 bucks ! still duno if that was good or bad ? and never here anything much if ever said about this brand ? I know it works great and seems to be built like a tank ! But it was made in New Zealand I think duno if thats good or bad ?? and have no idea what I should a paid I don't really care if I did over pay I don't sell nuthen so I will get my 279 bucks out of it ! anyone besdes myself got one a these or know anything about the quality ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodpens

I have the Mercury VS mini. It is a real good lathe. I wouldn't be unhappy with anything under $300. The only thing I don't like about it compared to my Jets is the lack of a handle on the headstock end which is used to manually turn the mandrel. Other than that, it is hard to beat.

Sir_Stinkalot

The Nova is made by Teknatool. I have a Nova 3000 and so far it has been very reliable. They sell very well here in Australia.

Teknatool is NZ company however I would't be fully confident however to say it is made in NZ. I am happy to be corrected on this.

As for your lathe is is a good little unit.

Teknatool also make a good range of quality chucks.

Rudy Vey

Before I got my new, white lathe last year, I turned on a Mercury for about two years - I think this lathe is a notch above the Jet and Delta mini lathes. The quality is great and the variable speed from zero on is comparable to high end lathes. Never had any problem with this lathe, but I recommend to get the bed extension, so you have not to take the tail stock off when you put barrels on the mandrel...
BTW, some of our great pen artists using this lathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom