Nouveau Sceptre okay for a woman?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fafow

Is the Nouveau Sceptre on the large size for a woman? I want to make a his and hers set for a wedding gift for my brother and his wife and want something similar in size to the Jr. Gent. Is the Majestic Jr about the same size? I previously made a Jr Gent for my brother and want to go to something very different this time.

I also would like to be able to package the pens in one box, but would be willing to go to separate boxes if I need to.

I have been out of commission for the last two years due to multiple breaks in my foot and am just now getting back into this. I am looking at kits other than what I used to work with in the past - trying to "broaden" my horizons. I know people on this site have been more than wiling to share their opinions in the past and I am very appreciative of any ideas others can give me.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

The NS Rollerball/FP is not small, but also not in the large category (tube sizes similar to Jr.series). If someone likes the size of a Jr Gent, they will likely be happy with the size of the NS. The general heft of the pen itself can be made to vary significantly by the profile chosen for turning the cap barrel. There is also the option of a NS Ballpoint...same style. For example, RB for the man, Ballpoint for the woman. These pens have a lot of style built into them, and are available in the high end platings.

WriteON

That is a beautiful pen. Definitely nice for a man or woman. I gave few as gifts. They loved it. Also think its is one of nicest out there.

Last edited:

fafow

Thanks. That is good enough for me. I have two rollerball kits but started having second thoughts about the size. I'll be using kauri wood so that shouldn't add much weight to them.

Brooks803

My wife's daily carry for many years was a Sceptre. Also I made one as a graduation gift for a close friend to start her college career with. She's used it for the past 4 years and will be graduating college later this year.

With that being said...it is top heavy. They didn't use it posted.

If you're wanting something elegant but a tad smaller I'd suggest the Majestic Jr. Maybe a full sized majestic for the man and Jr. for the woman.

Top Bottom