Not submitted

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Here are a few I didn't submit for the contest.
This picture thing,hangs me up.

2004121222931_mixed%20laminations.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

WOW I like those a lot, how do you do the three ,second, third and fourth from the top? As My Son and his friends would say, those are just Totaly Awsome Dude. And as I usually put it, Give it up because inquiring minds want to know.

I think that you should ask Jeff if you could send him one more entry because of the problem, after all he is already aware that you had a problem submitting the first entry. It's worth a try, the worst he can say is nope.

Wayne

PenWorks

Really Eagle, your workmanship is way to good to hide it behind your bad picture taking. I am straining my eyes to see how nice they are. The first 4 from the top really look cool. Nice job. Anthony

G

Here's a little info to give you an idea.I have a craft show this weekend which is one reason I couldn't spend much time solving my picture posting problem.
That's not an excuse,the contest started in july anda that's just about the time I started turning pens.
The BENTWOOD laminations were not my first choice for a contest entry I'm still working on that idea,
The impetus for the second third forth and sixth pens came from the article in Woodturning and Desisgn magazine ,I beoieve it was the second issue.
It containes the plans to make a fence for a tablesaw seld that could repetedly cut thin strips of wood accurately.
The strips of different woods are then glued together and cut on an angle to make a blank as in the sixth pen.
the second third and fourth pens used the thin strips but I started with a blank and cut out a shape refrenced to the center line of the blank.
I cut it on a bandsaw but a scrollsaw would work better.
Save the off cut as this is the mold and pattern for the gluing process.
The strips I used were fairly thin,some I have meassured at .0185".
glue and clamp using wax paper or a thin strip of "bread board plastic" on the last piece if you want to add to the lamination.
The 2nd and 4th pens were squared and turned and the process repeated.
I used any clamps I had on hand and yellow glue.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the kind words,your praise and wanting to know how I made the blanks is enough "prize" for me,
No need for special considerations,
I am totally in awe of the pens and displays I have seen entered.
The originality of the entries puts mine to shame.
I'll try to post a better picture of the pen I did enter.
The picture was so bad it would never show the lams properly.
HEre's a link to my enrty (I hope)
http://www.penturners.org/contest/images/71-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom