Nolan Rosewood Burl Comparison

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hebertjo

I was not sure where to post this so I put it in "Penturning" because it seems to be the catch all forum.

I ordered some Honduran Rosewood Burl from Nolan and asked if he had any "top-shelf" blanks. Here is a picture of the top-shelf on the left and the regular ("good") on the right. The good burl if fantastic and anyone would be happy to own a pen dressed in this stuff but the top-shelf is truly awesome. It is covered in figure and and has a more even overall color. Be careful when turning it I blew out a chunk on the end. It was easy to repair with sawdust from the blank and thin CA. With as much figure as this blank has you can not tell where the fix is. Anyway I thought others might be interested in the difference between the two.

...and Thanks Nolan!

I apologize for my lack of photo skills, I am working on it.

1_Image1.jpg

Attachments

• 1_Image1.jpg
    1_Image1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 112
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
dayum...and DAYUM!!!!

Both of those are beautiful, but the left one is off the hizzy!! :)tongue: sorry, I have a teenager, it's a 'relating' thing)

S'cuse me, I gotta get somethin' off the top shelf...

NOLAN!!!!!

Gregory of Sherwood Forest

Jim Smith

You're right in that both of the blanks are beautiful, but the one on the left is amazing. Nolan has a excellent reputation for only offering top quality blanks. These blanks are a good example of how he earned that reputation.

Jim Smith

Chris Bar

Hopefully he will have more soon...have been trying to buy some blanks for several weeks....rosewood and thuya and mallee and olive burl and...and...money is burning the proverbial hole....beautiful burl that rosewood

Top Bottom