No gold / silver combinations?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EarlD

Does anyone sell Jr. Gents, Cigars, and/or Sierra kits that are either ALL Gold (10k, TI, etc.) or ALL silver (Rhodium, Chrome, etc.).

IMHO, some pens would look better WITHOUT the various plating combinations that seem prevalent in today's kits. I'm just not a fan of gold "accents" on Rhodium pens, or silver or black "accents" on gold kits.

Am I the only one looking for these?

Earl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Does anyone sell Jr. Gents, Cigars, and/or Sierra kits that are either ALL Gold (10k, TI, etc.) or ALL silver (Rhodium, Chrome, etc.).

IMHO, some pens would look better WITHOUT the various plating combinations that seem prevalent in today's kits. I'm just not a fan of gold "accents" on Rhodium pens, or silver or black "accents" on gold kits.

Am I the only one looking for these?

Earl
Yes - they are readily available in one finish..

Last edited:

jttheclockman

You are not looking hard enough. There are many different combinations and ones that you request are available. Look at the Berea line.

JimB

Some kits are available in many different platings and it can be hard to find a supplier who has them all. You will need to check several vendors. For example, I have bought Sierras (WS II) from 3 different places to get the plating and/or price I want.

EarlD

Just to clarify...
Are you meaning all plated without any plastic components?

For instance the Sierra and or Sierra Elegant variations - I would like Rhodium on everything...no Black TN, no black, no gold. And I would like an all gold version...no Black TN, no black, no silver.

The Jr. Gent's I found in Rhodium have a gold "accent" in the center and gold in the cap. Who sells one that's all Rhodium? No gold and no Black TN on it anywhere?

Earl

hewunch

Earl, I have made my own all gold and all Rhodium Jr. Gent IIs. It takes a little more effort, but it is doable. Now, that said, I prefer to customize my Jrs by losing the rings and the finial. But when I do, I usually save those left over parts in case I want to do a traditional one, but with all one color, or different colors. I am not aware of anyone who sells them that are all one color though.

jttheclockman

Just to clarify...

For instance the Sierra and or Sierra Elegant variations - I would like Rhodium on everything...no Black TN, no black, no gold. And I would like an all gold version...no Black TN, no black, no silver.

The Jr. Gent's I found in Rhodium have a gold "accent" in the center and gold in the cap. Who sells one that's all Rhodium? No gold and no Black TN on it anywhere?

Earl

I believe I have never seen a Sierra line with all one metal of any type unles it was a combination of satin and gloss. It would look quite dull if you ask me. The cigar line is easier because it is just trim pieces and you can get all the same metals ther. The triton may interest you in place of the Jr.

BSea

I believe the cigar hybrid comes in all silver, although some of the silver is satin. If you look at bear tooth woods, they have 2 versions of sierra with both silver with satin, and satin with silver. they also have one in copper. I don't think I've ever seen a sierra in all gold.

And I don't recall a JR without the "accented" trim ring. Although I recently read about removing the ring. Although I have never done that. I have removed the cap though, and turned a cap to match the wood. And as far as the Triton, I've only seen silver with gold accents, or gold with silver accents.

bitshird

Just to clarify...

Earl

Earl with the Jr Gents just remove the stupid little accent ring and turn a piece of the material you are using for the pen and put it in the accents place, OR just leave the thing out entirely, OR leave off the top ring of the trim and make a wider band of the material the pen is made from, with the Sierras you're going to have to settle for some sort of combination, the finish may be all chrome, but one part will be sandblaster while the rest is polished, same with Gold, Not sure about TI, I think they are mixed most of the time.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
me

Just to clarify...

Earl

I do

Top Bottom