Nitrile gloves

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Nah Fred--I even tried laying them on a log nice and neat so the fingers did not touch. I still lose them if the is very much trash on them. Now if it's just for one pen and it's just CA on one finger I might do a little better. What I like is the fit and they feel good on my hand. I think that I paid $1.80 for 10 gloves or 5 pairs. That is going to be wrong but will give you a ideal of the cost. Bought them at Lowes.

Scott

Hi Fred,

I use Nitrile gloves. They seem to be heavier and not so flimsey as the vinyl gloves. They do not react to many of the chemicals that can destroy other disposable gloves. Glue seems to wipe off of them a little better, but it will still stick some. They do last longer, and I will try to save a pair if they're not seriously gunked up. I buy them by the box of 100 off of Ebay. Here's a question - what is the best price out there for a box of Nitrile gloves?

Scott.

Carole in VA

Scott,
I get a box of 100 from Rockler for $12.99. I am sure that is not the best price, but they are good quality gloves.

Carole in VA

Originally posted by Fred in NC
<br />I would appreciate your experience if you have used nitrile gloves when gluing parts. Thank you.
Fred, I use them (only on one hand). They will stick, but if I keep my fingers spread apart until I can wipe the glove with a paper towel, I find I can use them several times. At least the glue doesn't dissolve them and go through to your fingers! This evening, I forgot to put the glove on and am now peeling CA off my fingers. Hate that stuff!

Fred in NC

Thanks, Carole! I use a glove on my left hand only, since that is the one that gets the glue. I was using poly gloves. They come in bags of 1000. They are completely flat and very thin. I think they are like what comes in hair dye. The main problem is that they come in one size: EXTRA SUPER LARGE. The overhang from the fingers gets into everything. Latex did not work at all. So I am trying nitrile.

Gary

Forget the latex gloves at the big boxes. They are worthless except if you are painting. Nitrile is chemical resistant and the only way to go. They are especially good for finishing where many of the products contain toluene.

Scottydont

As a former auto tech, I am spoiled on them. I use them gluing and finsihing pens, under garden gloves, cleaning toilets. I even keep pares in the car in the even of breakdown or flat tire driving to a clients or whatever. Very handy. Don't by the home center variety. The are cheaply made and the cost is high. Industrial suppliers like Bruce recommended are your best bet. A guy on Ebay sells them for $25 bucks for a 1000.

jwoodwright

I vote for Nitrile. Tried COSTCO cheapies, tore more than protected.[xx(] Industrial Supplier has Nitrile for $8.00 / 100. Seems to be the average price for Nitrile.

Nitrile is also great around Color Developing (RA-4 / C-41)Chemicals...[8D]

Daniel

I work for a university with lots of labs. there are two types of gloves they use. Latex, and Nitril. If the nitril does not stand up to the chemicals they use, the laytex will. we go through the laytex bythe truck load. the problem with laytex is, they are thinner, more brittle and will develope holes unless ou are very careful with them. even penturning would envolve enough stress to destroy them.
also many people have allergies to laytex. but they are cheap.
nitril gloves are the answer to all the above. no allergies, stronger, thicker etc.
I ahve been reading this thinking, maybe i should get some of these and offer them with the other stuff in the CA Bulk Buy. I am also looking for a way to offer Poly Glue in the bulk buy. one stop shopping for all your gluing needs.
so any pointers for wholesale poly glue, and if you are interested in gloves (nitril) being available at wholesale prices but by the individual glove. E-mail me or post here so I can decide if there is anough demand for them. I know they can be gotten in small, med, large and X-Large sizes.
I have a long thin hand, measuring 8 inches from wrist to the tip of my middle finger and I wear a large. if you have a fat hand you would want an X-large. I can barely fit into a med and it will tear quickly. and forget a small. in my department we will go through 50 cases of med gloves for every one case of small. we are even thinking about not supplying them anymore. if you have no idea what size you need, med is your best bet. of 100 custodians we have at U.N.R I estimate 90 of them use a med gloves. the rest use large. and nearly none use X-Large or small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom