Nib cap adjuster tool?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomC

Hi, I'm new here and to pen turning. Is this a must have tool or just a nice to have when needed? I'm not even sure what it's used for. :)

Tom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KKingery

It's not really needed. Kits such as the Americana Rollerball from CSUSA would use it, but honestly, you can use a screwdriver to accomplish the same thing. That particular kit has a plastic "cone" that screws onto the inside of the cap. It holds the cap to the top of the pen, or to the bottom when is use. I've about eliminated the need for the tool by screwing it on before I even press the cap into place. I would'nt waste my money on one unless you don't own a decent screwdriver.

Randy_

I've seen a bunch of suggestions that a Phillips screwdriver would work.....didn't work for me?? But a small regular slot screwdriver worked just fine!!

Originally posted by Randy.
<br />I've seen a bunch of suggestions that a Phillips screwdriver would work.....didn't work for me?? But a small regular slot screwdriver worked just fine!!

I found the problem with a regular Phillips screwdriver was that the working end came to a point. When you used it in the plastic thingy the point bottomed out on the threaded stud and as you screw the plastic thingy on it pushes the screwdriver out of the slots it is supposed to engage.

If you grind the end of the screwdriver a little bit so the point kind of goes away and leaves you a + shape with a flat face it works just fine. You just need to get the right size Phillips, a No. 1 I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom