Next How Many thread

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

How many finished pens are sitting getting dusty. Like some others here I do not sell anything....(maybe 1-3 a year if someone really wants one). I gift and donate a few to a charity. Most are in cases or on display stands in my game room or office. Turning is a hobby to me. I enjoy the fun of start to finish. I have about 75 pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mecompco

I'm rebuilding inventory from Christmas, I've about 55 done, about 20 glued up and in the works. I'd like to have at least 100 ready by the time Fall rolls around. I'm more interested in making pens than collecting them, so I have to sell in order to make more.

Regards,
Michael

RegisG

How many finished pens are sitting getting dusty. Like some others here I do not sell anything....(maybe 1-3 a year if someone really wants one). I gift and donate a few to a charity. Most are in cases or on display stands in my game room or office. Turning is a hobby to me. I enjoy the fun of start to finish. I have about 75 pens.

I'm of the same mind set as you, make to enjoy the hobby and rarely (if ever) for sale. I'm too new to have much of a collection but, have sufficient supplies for close to a hundred (15 completed). Enjoy making and giving some to people that actually appreciate them. As opposed to those that prefer 10 for a dollar bic's.

I prefer to make one at a time from wood and hardware selection, then drill, glue, turn, finish, and assemble.

I'm not sure yet what I'll do to display but, for now I simply enjoy making and occasionally open pouch and look at what I have so far.

Regis

Cwalker935

I do not know, however, my wife tells me that I have too many. I will just have to find a hiding place. My blank/kit/pen hoarding is getting a little out of control.

Top Bottom