Newbie Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

TBone

I have seen several references to pens not "posting". My question is this. Does this mean that the top will not fit on the opposite end while using the pen or does it mean that the top will fit but not screw on? Second question, why are kits designed where they won't post? Third question, is there a way to tell if the kit will post or not? Or is this just from experience?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Normally the top that posts are threaded.

Kits that don't post usually have an optional end cap unless it will result in a totally unbalanced pen when cap is posted.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Outside of the world of kits, caps post via friction and snap-cap as well as threading. Posting refers strictly to a pens design for the cap to mount on the tailpiece when in the writing position. For the most part, you can tell whether a kit posts or not by the manufacturer's description or by looking for threading on the tail piece.

gerryr

What Lou said, except I would add that sometimes the manufacturer doesn't state that it will post but it actually does or the catalog will show it posted. Berea's catalog doesn't state that the El Grande will post, but they shows pictures of it posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom