Newbie here

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Howdy all,

First post since I joined been reading a lot of the library and posts. I have made a few pens that came in a kit I bought, also cast a few based on the tutorials listed in the library. This is pretty fun stuff and addicting!! I scroll a lot of my commission work but wanted to add pens to my list of items for sale.

I have a question which may be dumb to ask but, hey I have to learn.

I wanted to know if you can just buy the different pen parts seperately instead of in a kit. Kinda like bulk sales. I have seen you can buy the brass tubes for many different pens but not so much the other items needed to complete the pens. I see kits with just one pen option. Is there a vendor that sells the independent parts?

Thanks for all your help and if this is a dumb question let me have it :party:

Jesse

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

renowb

Welcome Jesse! Yes there are places you can buy some individual parts depending on what you need. Woodnwhimsies is one, but I'm sure other folks on here can tell you more.

PenMan1

Not a dumb question at all, and you are about to be bombarded with answers.

I rarely buy kits because I don't "sell" kit pens. I do buy a lot of clips, twist mechanisms, couplers, nibs, etc.

You can get them from Hut, BTW, Heritage Pens, The Golden Nib and many, many others here....all exceptional quality (please don't be offended if I left out a valuable source).

I never use the "stock" refills from "kits" so, it is cost efficient for me to buy the "pieces and parts" and buy a quality refill from Exotics, and others.

You'll likely get 50 conflicting answers!

Top Bottom