Newbie FP question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

doohboy24

I am looking to make my first fountain pen. I have absolutely no idea where to start with this. I dont know the difference between the dip style and the cartridge type. Was reading directions on csu site and seems to need 2 drill bits but didnt say which was used where. I have never step drilled or anything like that before. I have read several of the current threads that are going on and still am confused, i know dumb but i am. I guess if i actually seen one then i would get it, but any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. looking at something like the havana or jr gent styles. thank you again.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Hi Chuck. I lived in Manassas from 1987 - 1998 and am now just a short drive across 234 in Woodbridge. If you try the Jr. Gent, there's not a lot to it. There is no step drilling. The two tubes are different sizes, hence the requirement for two different drill bits. Fountain pens turn just like the other pens. Start by following the bushings. Assembly is straight forward if you follow the instructions. If you have time tomorrow between about 9 am and 2 pm, several turners will be at Woodcraft in Sprinfield for the Freedom Pen turnathon. Show and tell will be going on and I guarantee you'll learn a lot. Also, feel free to email me through the forum. I have a few documents I can send your way. [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom