Newbie with another question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithlong

OK, still waiting to get my lathe and supplies. I have afriend that has some 300 mag brass casing that I can get. My question is how to make pens using the whole casing, maybe even back to back? After I punch out the primer can I just drill a hole in it the size of the tube and just glue it in it or is their another way to do this. I am just curious as to how this is done. This friend is also a deer hunter and has a whole box of deer antlers that I can get from him. I am wanting to try them also. I have made a couple of knife handles out of antlers before. I just was thinking that I could make him a pen using the casing and the antler. Thanks for your kind help.

dasimm

Hi Keith,

There is a plethora of information regarding cartridge pens on this web site. Click on the "search" button and type in "cartridge pen" and you will find several posts and I believe a tutorial or two on this subject.

As for the antler - it works just like wood (for the most part), just make sure you have sharp tools and you don't mind the smell. I think there may be a tutorial on antler as well.

Good luck...

Top Bottom