From a newbie!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
The pens everyone creates here are WORKS OF ART.Everyone here who makes pens you are ARTIST.I am in AWE of the work here and my hat is off to everyone here who creates these masterpieces.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

azamiryou

When I was young, I made my brother a bolo tie in my father's metal studio. My brother was very impressed. It was really simple - anybody could have made it, and I told him so. His response has stayed with me ever since: "Yeah, but you did."

rizaydog

Thanks for the comments to us all. Here's a little secrete. We only show the good ones... It's like anything else. With the right tools and a lot of practice, anyone could do it too.

Well i will say this yall have some fatherless boys going crazy to start turning pens over here in Dallas,Texas.I am thinking of a fundraiser we can do to raise the money for a lathe and tools.Because the longer they look the more phone calls i get lol.

Rangertrek

Yeah, you should have seen my first 5-6 pens. Still have them to see where I started. NOT good, not works of art at all. :eek:

Now after about 800 pens, I show a few from time to time.

Like everyone else in IAP, your craftsmanship will improve with practice and the masterpieces will evolve. :)

Some have asked what i do. I take fatherless boys and girls on outdoor adventures fishing,kayaking,hiking, each month at no cost to them here in Dallas,Texas called Youth in the Wild Outdoors.I teach them to be givers(Our motto is Live to Give) and help other people and God will reward them for their kindness and compassion.Every 2 months we go into our community and help the elderly who need help with their house work,yard work ect.There are 8 boys and 2 girls right now that have no dad at all they have learned to make their own fishing lures and they have adopted a boys orphange in Honduras called Hope farm and the boys want to begin sending care packages to the other 10 boys at Hope Farm and helping those who are way less fortunate.They bring joy to my heart and a tear to my eye watching them care so much for others.I am married with 3 kids of my own 8,10,2 We cant wait to turn wood they are excited for sure.

Top Bottom