New York Wood?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

bonsaibill

I have a friend who grew up in NYC and would like to make him a pen from wood with some type of connection to the city. Anybody have any ideas?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bonsaibill

I was thinking more along the lines of reclaimed wood flooring from historical buildings or something. I have found a couple of web sites that salvage this type of wood and have sent them e-mails. They deal with large sales, so I may be out of luck.

DocStram

Ok, I was just kidding. But, there are loads of ideas for wood that has a tie to NYC. Like, I wonder if there is a way of getting any wood from where all of the 911 stuff was dumped ... in NJ. Or, maybe a branch from a tree that was in Central Park? Do you have somebody in NYC that can dig around? Or maybe the City Santitation Dept can help?

Randy_

I like the Central Park idea. There are over 800 acres in the park and a lot of it is forested. Lots of wood around; but how you manage to get a piece isn't obvious to me unless you happen to live in NYC.

I doubt a chunk of 911 wood is how your friend would care to be linked to his memories of the city.

Do we have any members who live or work in NYC??

GregMuller

I suggested Cocobola to bill. As a Former NYC Poice Officer we used to use Cocobolo Nightstick due to their hardness. You could beat them up pretty good before they would break. You can not get to the 911 site due to security and besides it is a crime to sell any material from that site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom