New ULTRA Cigar Kit at Woodcraft

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Anyone seen or completed this kit yet? I bought two at the store yesterday, and it is 12.99 for the kit. It has some carving on the center band, and on the top cap for the clip.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kadmos

Seems like a good looking kit

might benifit from some mix and match though...can't say I'm too fond of the nib being a different color than the clip

Ligget

I rekon that is too expensive for upgrade gold too, but if we keep buying they`ll keep making.

At the end of the day it is still a Cigar pen, the old style plain Cigar in upgrade gold is approx $3.50 and an upgrade gold Baron is around $8.50.;)

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
I guess I have had extraordinary luck with the kits at Woodcraft. I have kits that have been in use for 2 years, and dont show any wear at all.

12.99 is a little steep in my opinion for a kit like a cigar, but it is something different. Havent decided yet if I like the overall look yet, so I will put these two together and make a decision as to whether it is worth it or not.

bamapens11

Noticed that some of the ultra cigar kits look like the nibs were swapped, i.e. the gold nib (from the chrome kit) was swapped witht the chrome nib from the gold kit. Is that what everyone is doing (swapping the nibs from the two kits) or have you convinced the seller to swap them for you?????

stevers

Originally posted by bamapens11

Noticed that some of the ultra cigar kits look like the nibs were swapped, i.e. the gold nib (from the chrome kit) was swapped witht the chrome nib from the gold kit. Is that what everyone is doing (swapping the nibs from the two kits) or have you convinced the seller to swap them for you?????

I see what you mean. I don't care for the chrome clip and gold nib, or gold clip and chrome nib. That just doesn't look right. They don't match at all. And the whole kit looks sort of over done and cheap to me.
Just my 2 cents.

wjskip

you bought two kits so enjoy them. I agree with most that say it is expensive for the quality but I buy and build them. I use the most gaudy acrylic I can find.[^]

Top Bottom