New tool rests

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

cowchaser

Had my father call in one last favor before he retires this month. I have seen many of the tool rests here and for sale on woodcraft ect... I drew up what I wanted and these are the results. He changed the design a little which is fine. Had an extra set made as a thank you for a good friend here that helped me get started and he should expect to see them in the mail this week. Thanks Roy. They are 4" and 6".

20071111195021_toolrest1.jpg

20071111195043_toolrest2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Dam, you sure didn't have to do that but I never look a gift horse in the mouth. Now I won't have to change tool rest every time I use my other lathe. Thanks Dustin and it was my pleasure to help you get started, just pass it forward.

Firefyter-emt

Very nice job, that gives me an idea when I finaly get that milling attachment modified to fit my metal lathe! I think the only thing I would do is add a set of flats on the post so you can hold it with a wrench to tighten the top rod.

cowchaser

Originally posted by Firefyter-emt
<br />Very nice job, that gives me an idea when I finaly get that milling attachment modified to fit my metal lathe! I think the only thing I would do is add a set of flats on the post so you can hold it with a wrench to tighten the top rod.

Well unfortunately I forgot to add the flats in the drawing. So when the guy did this for me, I just couldn't bring myself to send them back and ask him to add them. Still trying to figure out if I can add them some how.

Texatdurango

I have a similar set and never use wrenches on them. Hand tightening works well and a quick tap knocks them loose. Have used them for months with no problems on both lathes.

You may not need wrenches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom