New Threaded end caps for Jr Statesman vII.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

lwalden

Folks- I think most of y'all saw the thread from Eric at CSUSA (June 1st) letting us know about the arrival of the redesigned version now available. Primary changes on it were a sleeker (less rounded at the nib end) rollerball nib hardware, as well as a threaded end cap that would have plated threads (rather than black), while still carrying the embossed and plated decorative end (albeit a smaller version than the non-threaded) in lieu of the threaded end-caps that were just plain. I hope to have pictures of these changes later today, and I'm sure Eric will also be letting us know once pics are available. Anyway, getting to the point of this thread- I had some discussion with Eric about the possibility of buying some quantity of just the threaded end-caps with the embossed decoration in order to match with some of my existing inventory ( I have about 30 Jr Statesman vII kits stockpiled, and about 20 completed pens that would be nice to offer a retrofit option to customers on). CSUSA doesn't have any immediate plans to make these available, since they have a minimum ordering requirement of 500 for a single part in any given finish. What I'm trying to do is see if there is enough interest in ordering just the new version of the embossed threaded end caps to show CSUSA management that it would be worth their while to order these. I'm guessing if we can get to a commitment of 250, they'd move forward on this. I've asked Eric to get back to me with ballpark pricing for just the end-caps. Just based on what I've seen from the few bulk buys I've run, I'm guessing the Rhodium and 22K finish is the most popular. Depending on what level of pricing Eric comes back with, I think I would be looking for 25 or 30 myself. I'd like to ask y'all to take a look and see if there is more interest to try and roll up into a quasi bulkbuy for parts. As soon as I can, I'll update this post with pics of the new style and ballpark pricing.

Update:Eric should be posting pics soon, I like the look of the new nib (looks like the old style to me), and like the look of the threaded endcap with the embossed and plated figuring... however he also indicated they would not be looking to sell the endcaps seperately, since there is a risk that the threading might not be compatible with the old kits.....

JimGo

Need to double check my inventory, but I can probably commit to 5 of them, and maybe even more if both finishes are offered. I prefer the black Ti trim over the gold, but even the gold would be good so I can at least offer it on those. It's a nice option to be able to give customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom