New Series and Baron interchangebility

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Seer

Learned something today the nibs for a Baron and the nibs for the new series from Exotics are interchangeable. Why do I know this because I thought 9theres that word thought always gets me in trouble) the flat top bushings from Rickler were the same, but noooooo they are not so to finish a pen I experimented and found the baron will take the nib and vice versa. So when I order the correct bushings I will have a series 2000 rollerball. Go figure.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Be careful Jerry!!

Maybe I am reading too much into this, but the nib section's threading on the baron is different from the Jr. Gent, so I would be surprised if it is the SAME as the "new series" (although it IS possible---they are both "Berea-born").

Just be careful and make certain the cap does not "capture" the nib section if you try interchanging---the nib comes off with the cap, leaving you "holding the body" when the coroner arrives (wait, that was some TV show, wasn't it??)

You get the idea!!

Seer

I am just going to use the fountain pen tip and give him a naron instead and use the rollerball for the new series

Top Bottom