New PSI kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

cueman

Has anyone tried one of the new pen kits from PSI? It's called Majestic, looks to be similar in size to an Emperor, statesman, or Gentlemen's pen. It calls for the same size drills. Just curious as to the quality of these kits.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reef12

Can't really answer Have seen the kit but as I am new turner not ready to drop $50 plus on a kit yet[;)]

Does that answer your question?

Does look sweet.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I like PSI kits but the addition of what was referred to in a thread here as a "pimp chip" in the clip turns me off.Their first attempt to enter into the "high end"kit market doesn't impress me.

Rifleman1776

They have improved the catalog immensely by stating what the platings are for all their pens. I the past it was usually unstated. I also see more Ti and Rhodium platings in their offerings. It looks like they are going after the more serious makers than in the past.

broitblat

I'm not sure the kit is even available, yet. I thought I had heard it wouldn't actually be shipping until January... The web site shows and ETA of 1/12.

Malainse

Chuck,
He is talking about the clip with a Swarovski crystal= "Pimp Chip".... Or as you call it the Froo Froo......

bob393

Ah it looks like PSI is out of stock on these, or not in stock yet.
They blocked the pictures I can't see the Pimp Chip. I'm not sure if I like it but pen world mag has many $1000 pens with adornments like it.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by ozmandus
<br />Eagle,
I missed the "Pimp chip" thread... what do you mean?
The kit is nice looking but sure has a lot of "froo-froo" on it. Not sure I would spend the price on a kit on spec.
I stand corrected.it was a comment onthe last page of this thread
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18231&whichpage=3&SearchTerms=Majestic
3rd page
The term used was "Pimp Stone" but I think "pimp chip" has a nicer ring to it, don't you?
The remark was made by Kaspar and I think he should get all the credit for it.

cozee

After the holidays, I plan on getting a couple to try as my first high end kits. My wife saw the picture of them on the back of the PSI catalog and thought the Swarovski crystal could be replaced with a birth stone which is what I plan on having done with one for her. Personally, I would rather have a clip without the crystal as I do like the looks of the rest of the kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom