New(?) PSI Click Pen Kit-The Guardian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy_

I was looking around in the PSI web site for some information on the new Gatsby kit(Sierra clone) and ran across another kit that I hadn't seen before. Doesn't much appeal to me; but I'm sure it will find some supporters.

http://www.pennstateind.com/store/pkgdpen.html

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
It looks a bit like the Krone Old School Collection

http://www.fountainpenhospital.com/collections/collection.asp?CK=610&MFG=33

gerryr

Originally posted by holmqer
<br />It looks a bit like the Krone Old School Collection

http://www.fountainpenhospital.com/collections/collection.asp?CK=610&MFG=33

I can't imagine why. What they copied is Michael's Fat Boy.
http://www.paradisepen.com/paradise/dept.asp?dept_id=20631

angboy

I'd like it better if a professional site like that could spell "convenient" right! But also, it says it's made on an 8mm tube- doesn't that mean you need that other mandrel size to turn it?

Scott

Yes, it's styled after the Michaels Fat Boy, which is a relatively popular pen. I would be more interested if the kit was a couple of bucks cheaper. But then I'm cheap! [:p]

Scott.

Randy_

Originally posted by angboy
<br />.....But also, it says it's made on an 8mm tube- doesn't that mean you need that other mandrel size to turn it?

DSA: I bet that if you think about the above for a minute, you will wish you hadn't asked that question!![:D]

Randy_

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />.....What they copied is Michael's Fat Boy.
http://www.paradisepen.com/paradise/dept.asp?dept_id=20631

According to the description, there is a US patent on the Fat Boy pen. I wonder if PSI will be looking at a law suit or if they have paid a fee to the FB people to use the design?

Another interesting question just occurs to me. Maybe PSI can avoid liability because they are only producing kits and the protection afforded to a functional pen does not apply to the pieces of a kit.
OTOH, if one of us assembles those pieces onto a complete and working pen that is a close/exact copy of the FB pen and then try to sell it for a profit, does said pencrafter incur some type of liability.

Where the hell is JimGo when you need him? Is he still stuck under a kitchen cabinet??

gerryr

Patent????????????? On what, a fat pen? Maybe there's someone here who owns one and can tell us what's so unique about it, other than size.

gerryr

I recalled that Bob Schwarzendruber (txbob) made a pen like a Michael's Fat Boy and he called it Fat Albert. Wonder if he got in trouble.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/photo_album_view.asp?cname=Main+Album&mid=62&cid=66&page=4

PenWorks

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Patent????????????? On what, a fat pen? Maybe there's someone here who owns one and can tell us what's so unique about it, other than size.

It is made right here in the good ol USA, not many pen companies can say that. (well not many companies period, can say that) Just a machined aluminum barrel, has a German made clicker and he put a Schmidt gel in it. Pen sells real good for $85.00 , I like the Silencer model. [:p]

I have not looked at the PSI kit, something about quality and PSI that does not rhyme. But mabye that will change with the new kits.

angboy

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />
<br />.....But also, it says it's made on an 8mm tube- doesn't that mean you need that other mandrel size to turn it?

DSA: I bet that if you think about the above for a minute, you will wish you hadn't asked that question!![:D]

Would you buy that I was still half-asleep?[:D]

redfishsc

Originally posted by Penmonkey
<br />Travis does not approve of this new kit therefor he will not purchase it or even accept it as a gift.[V]
Get out of my sight!

Man, I wonder how he *really* feels!

I like what was said above-- is that a 60* live center at the nib?

workinforwood

I was thinking the same thing...they can't spell? The pen itself looks warped too in the picture, or did someone turn that on the fly with a gouge and not bother sanding it even? Perhaps they should send me a kit and I'll make them a better display model. I think the kit has possible potential but won't know till I have one. I'd pay the expensive price if the click mechanism is quality, unlike every other clicker I ever tried.

ashaw

The pen in question (US patent ) is not on this design of pen. It is for his spiral pen for persons that have a hard time gripping a pen.

angboy

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />
<br />Would you buy that I was still half-asleep?[:D]

Those pilots over at the Naval Air Station keeping you busy??[:D][:D]

I can only wish for that... But until I meet a pilot, I'm finding other men to entertain myself with![:p][:p][:X]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom