New pens lost!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

I spent the weekend at a Hunter Education Instructor's workshop. I had made a bolt action, 45 caliber, and cartridge pen for the door prizes. I gave them to one of the secretaries. When we got to the end of the banquet, I checked and they had been turned in. Guess what? When the banquet was over, they had gotten stuck under a flap in one of the boxes of prizes. I did give them away to three people- my son wanted the 45 caliber, one went to our region coordinator, and the other went to the state HE coordinator.
Good news- one of the secretaries went wild over them when I turned them over to the secretaries. She said send her some and she would be able to sell them in no time. Planning on it.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Good news- one of the secretaries went wild over them when I turned them over to the secretaries. She said send her some and she would be able to sell them in no time. Planning on it.

Make SURE she knows the price to sell them!

Scott, (SDB777) from Arkansas, last year gave away some turned bowls to co-workers. One co-worker sold hers for $10. Upon telling Scott that she needed more because she could sell all she could get, he informed there that the bowl she sold for $10 normally sells for $85!

Here is the link:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f18/curious-how-youd-handle-142627/

mecompco

Exactly--make sure folks know what those pens are worth. I get $55 for my wood bolt actions, $65 for .45 Auto and Lever Actions. I'm sure I'd move a lot more at $10.00!

Woodchipper

Thanks for the pricing info. I plan on tagging each pen with some info- style, finish (antique brass, etc.), wood, price. Definitely include the price so there's no question about it.
$10? Like the old joke- maybe we need a bigger truck.

Top Bottom