New pen turned today.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

fireflex8263

My friend gave me some deer antler and I turned this pen from it. It had some outside layer inclusion in it which I thought made it look interesting, My wife says I'm addicted... I think she's right:D!! The lower wood is Moradillo.

Enjoy, Troy

2004112331359_DSCN0857a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred in NC

That is a very interesting antler. Very pretty. The bottom barrel is what I call hourglass. Most of the hourglass pens I have made sold already. I make them in different thicknesses to suit different users. Well done, Troy!

PenWorks

Troy,Very nice design and choice of material. Did you tell your wife we are all addicts here? I have to go turn an elk antler pen tonight as well. I am going to post in under Pen Turning. What I think would be a good idea, if we can take a before and after picture of the antler. It all looks so different. It would be interesting to see what the outside and inside of the material looked like before we cut it and then see the finished product. Maybe we can come up with some type of pattern here.

Daniel

Troy,
Remind your wife there are far worse things you could be addicted to.
The worst she has to get from this one is having a pen within arms reach at all times. and lots of quiet alone time.
let me know how that goes over for you. It doesn't work worth beans for me.
Now this one is really getting to my soft spot. Deer Antler, Slim Line, sculpted form to the Barrels.
It's like your getting right into my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom